Photo courtesy astrycula
For most of my life I dreaded reading. Back then, reading was associated with sleep, since whenever I read I would fall asleep. However, for the past 5 years or so, reading has become something I really enjoy. My enjoyment of reading came out of necessity while in grad school. Where I was forced to read a lot of books in order to learn the material.
Now, I have a system I follow. It’s fairly simple. It consists of having 5 books stacked on my nightstand and picking one of the 5 whenever I get a chance to read. This means I may switch books each night, depending on my mood or interests at the time. If however, the book is really enjoyable or interesting, I will read through until it is complete. But enough about my system.
This week’s ask the readers is intended to help each of us expand our reading lists.
What are the books you’ve read or are currently reading that have impacted you and/or your marriage the most?
In a few weeks I will go through all the comments and compile a list of all our reader’s favorites and share them in a future post.
I’ll kick off this ask the readers with my own favorites:
- Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller. The tag line for this book is “nonreligious thoughts on Christian spirituality.”
- Wild At Heart, by John Eldredge. Seeking to restore the masculine heart.
- Passionate Marriage, by David Schnarch. Uncovering the keys to passion in life and marriage. A bit heavy but a book that changed my wife and I’s marriage.
- The Shack, by William Young. A fictional look at the relationship between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. A great read.
- The Greatest Generation, by Tom Brokaw. A look at the WW2 generation.
There’s a few of my favorites. How about yours?
Connect With Other Passionate Listeners
Join our dynamic, engaged community of married people, who are the real heroes that make all this possible. And get access to some free eBooks. How cool is that?