‘Tis the season… to be busy like crazy!
If you’re like most people, this time of the year can be extremely hectic. There are parties to attend, gifts to wrap, food to make, and more!
Thinking about going on a date with your significant other might not make it to the top of your list.
But when you think about it, this is the perfect time of the year to go out!
This Time of the Year is Inherently Romantic
For starters, it’s the season of giving. You’re naturally thinking of others. Why not your spouse?
Next, because it is such a busy time of the year, that means a lot of activities going on. There’s a lot to go see and do!
Also, in many areas, it’s cold outside. That means doing fun stuff outside and coming inside to warm up.
Lastly, it’s the holiday season. This brings with it traditions and customs which can strengthen your relationship with your significant other.
The Best Gift You Can Give
What’s one of the best gifts you could possibly give to your significant other this year?
Why it’s time of course!
Because this is such a busy season, taking the time to spend together is a gift that money can’t buy.
It’s actually demonstrating, through the giving of your time and attention, that you really care.
What to Do
Hopefully you’re inspired to take a time out with your sweetheart this holiday season. Now you’ve got to go do something!
To help kick start some ideas, I’ve listed a number of activities that are common this time of year.
- Make homemade hot chocolate together – this beats the packaged stuff any day!
- Sledding or tubing – find a hill close by and be a kid again
- Ice Skating – ice skating is really fun (just don’t fall!)
- Sleigh ride – the iconic winter date. Try combining it with some of your homemade hot chocolate!
- Build a snow man – working together to create something fun is a great way to grow closer
- Have dinner by the fireplace – after a night out, coming home to eat a warm dinner by a warm fireplace sets up a great evening
What if you don’t live in a place where it’s cold right now? Check out some of these ideas that work wherever you are!
- Christmas lights – walk or drive through your local festive neighborhood
- People watching at the mall – just getting to the mall can be an adventure!
- Give back – spend a night volunteering or take the money you might have spent on a date and look for a really creative (and anonymous) way you can help someone in need
- Decorating – bust out the boxes of decorations and crank your favorite holiday tunes
- Christmas movies – take turns watching each others favorite holiday movie
These are just a few ideas.
The main goal is to make sure that you set your spouse as a priority this holiday season. Give them the gift of your time and attention.
Based off of my own experience, this is one of the best presents you’ll ever have!
What do you like to do with your sweetheart this time of year?
Connect With Other Passionate Listeners
Join our dynamic, engaged community of married people, who are the real heroes that make all this possible. And get access to some free eBooks. How cool is that?