For this past year, my wife and I have been on a simplification kick. The goal has been to make life simple as possible. While we’ve succeeded in some areas, there’s still work to be done. Our plan is to continue this work in 2009.
With that in mind, what are some of your goals in 2009?
Our marriage has been helped a great deal because of the shared goals we’ve created over the years and there are a few things we’ve come across that aided in the creation of these goals. That’s what is included in this giveaway.
The Simple Marriage Project is offering a special giveaway to help one lucky reader simplify in 2009!
Here’s what you could win:
1. Wild At Heart by John Eldredge.
Here’s an excerpt from John Eldredge: A Battle to fight. An Adventure to live. A Beauty to rescue. This is what a man longs for. This is what makes him come alive. Look at the films men love. For that matter, look at the dreams of little boys, the games they play. There is something fierce, passionate, and wild in the heart of every man. That is how he bears the image of God. And the reason that most men “live lives of quiet desperation” (Thoreau) is because men have been told that the reason God put them on earth is to be a good boy. To be nice.
God designed men to be dangerous. Simply look at the dreams and desires written in the heart of every boy: To be a hero, to be a warrior, to live a life of adventure and risk.
2. Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge.
Here’s an excerpt from John and Stasi: Every woman was once a little girl. And every little girl holds in her heart her most precious dreams. She longs to be swept up into a romance, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, to be the Beauty of the story. Those desires are far more than child’s play. They are the secret to the feminine heart.
And yet – how many women do you know who ever find that life? As the years pass by, the heart of a woman gets pushed aside, wounded, buried. She finds no romance except in novels, no adventure except on television, and she doubts very much that she will ever be the Beauty in any tale.
These are great books for life and marriage. My wife and I enjoyed them both.
3. Two Moleskine Notebooks.
This alone would make this giveaway enticing to me. I love these little notebooks. They’re great for jotting down ideas, notes, to-dos, or journaling about the moment. The two included in this giveaway are a Pocket sized (3in. x 5in.) and a Large (5in. x 8in.). I carry both these with me most everywhere I go. I think you’ll love them.
4. His and Her Simple Marriage T-Shirts.
Help spread the word about Simple Marriages by getting dressed in the morning. The winner will be able to choose two short sleeved T-shirts from our store.
How to enter.
You have 3 ways to enter your name in the random drawing for this giveaway.
- Leave a comment in this post and share either a goal for 2009 or a way you have found to simplify your marriage or life in 2008.
- For a second entry, email me at corey (at) simplemarriage (dot) net with the secret code in the email’s subject line (no need to write anything in the email’s body, as it won’t be read). To find the secret code, make sure you’ve subscribed to Simple Marriage either via RSS or via email, and look in the footer of the feed for this and all subsequent posts.
- For a third, fourth, and fifth entry, share your favorite Simple Marriage posts with your friends using the Email this post link at the end of each post (You have to use this link or I can’t see if you shared any posts). For each friend you email posts to, you’ll receive one entry in the giveaway (limit 3 entries for the giveaway but feel free to share as many posts as you’d like please).
Each person may enter up to 5 times. Meaning you can do number 1 and 2 once and then number 3 and share three posts with your friends.
This giveaway will end December 30, 2008 at midnight CST. Good luck!
Connect With Other Passionate Listeners
Join our dynamic, engaged community of married people, who are the real heroes that make all this possible. And get access to some free eBooks. How cool is that?