Over the past few years, marriage continues to be under attack in America.
This post is not intended to open up a discussion about the legalities of marriage, I am simply taking note of all the things I love about marriage.
If you’re not married, I still think most of these apply to any important relationship in your life.
These are in no particular order and please add to the list in the comments.
- Dancing with my wife (and my kids)
- Shared adventure and dreams
- Watching a movie together under a blanket
- Deep conversations
- Simple conversations
- Hearing someone say “I love you”
- Knowing the little quirks of another human being
- Co-parenting our children
- Being authentic
- All the inside jokes between us
- Memories of past experiences together
- Shared values
- Holding hands
- Seeing her from across the crowded room
- Lazy mornings together
- Shared responsibilities of life
- Watching football together, or any sports for that matter. (I hit the jackpot with a wife that loves sports)
- Someone to challenge me to be a better man
- Seeing her smile
- Hearing her sing to our kids
- Silliness together
- Another driver on road trips
- Being out of the “dating scene”
- Entering a room or restaurant together
- Good make out sessions
- Long kisses
- Back rubs
- Knowing I have a partner to go through life with
What would you add for your marriage?
Connect With Other Passionate Listeners
Join our dynamic, engaged community of married people, who are the real heroes that make all this possible. And get access to some free eBooks. How cool is that?